Friday, April 16, 2010

Sudan's Elections, almost a wrap up

Talking to a journalist the other day about the Sudanese election and I was asked my take on all the "stuff" going on. My reply was probably not what he wanted to hear. I believed that the real news story was the absence of lots of "stuff" going on. There's no Kenya-type violence. There's a real calm throughout Southern Sudan, despite the problems.

All things considered, this show went off pretty smooth so far. The emphasis there is that we're only at phase two of four phases of this election: registration and voting are done. Counting/reporting and the final transition are yet to come.

Will we see any dramatic turn of events? I cant say what will happen in the north, but we'll probably see some electoral upsets in the South (that are much needed). That is, provided Jimmah Caataaah keeps his mouth shut long enough to let the people of Sudan determine what kind of outcome they want. My bet is that they want one they can be proud of.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

was peaceful and quiet in Kenya until they announced results... but kinda figure everyone knows what the results are going to be so probably won't get that worked up by it all.

Nick Raymon said...

Hi,
thank you for your great post. I really appreciate the efforts you have put in your blog .It is interesting and helpful.
Good luck with it!!!
Ontario Bankruptcy
Cheap business card printing

yviz said...

first Thank you for this blog !, i'm very interested to invest in south sudan if the land is still cheap?

do somebody knows if there are trips organized in south sudan for business men?

ÁLVARO BÓMEZ CASTRO said...

Hi, I have been visiting your blog. Very good ¡Congratulations for your work! I invite you to visit my blog about literature, philosophy and films:
http://alvarogomezcastro.over-blog.es

Greetings from Santa Marta, Colombia

Admin said...

nice blog

Ben said...

Wow is good to be back with my ex again, thank you Dr Ekpen for the help, I just want to let you know that is reading this post in case you are having issues with your lover and is leading to divorce and you don’t want the divorce, Dr Ekpen is the answer to your problem. Or you are already divorce and you still want him/her contact Dr Ekpen the spell caster now on (ekpentemple@gmail.com) and you will be clad you did

Anonymous said...

I will recommend anyone looking for Business loan to mr benjamin who helped me with Four Million USD loan to startup my  business and it's was fast When obtaining a loan from them it was surprising at how easy they were to work with.The process was fast and secure. It was definitely a positive experience.Avoid scammers on here and contact mr benjamin On.  247officedept@gmail.com  . WhatsApp...+ 19893943740. if you looking for business loan.